Cache Valley Mamas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cache Valley Mamas
Cache Valley Mamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!!!

+8
ToshaChristty
Allison
jalila
Jennetta Billhimer
Sadie & Grace
Precious_Partum
lemgirl
Amy
12 posters

Go down

Welcome!!! Empty Welcome!!!

Post by Amy Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi, everyone! Welcome to Cache Valley Mamas! This forum was started as a way for other moms in the valley to get to know each other, give and get support while living in the Logan area, arrange playgroups, and just have fun. There are never enough community resources for moms. Hopefully, this forum can be a great resource! So, take a look around and introduce yourself. Feel free to post on anything you'd like without fear of judgement! If you have any questions about editing your profile, signature, or postings, head on over to the Administrative corner. This forum is still a work in progress, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Just a quick "About Me": I am a newbie to Logan. My husband is here doing graduate work in Folklore. We recently moved from Japan, where we spent a year teaching English. Before that, we lived in Provo for five years. In Provo, I graduated from BYU with a degree in Community Health. With that, I started doing doula (labor support) work and teaching nutrition classes for USU's extension program in Utah County. I love anything to do with childbirth, women's health, cooking, and crafting (well, still learning to like scrapbooking). I have a 20 month old son, and baby #2 due next week! I have been an active participant in several online "mommy" forums, and I attribute that to my sanity while living overseas! I look forward to getting to know you all.
Amy
Amy
Admin

http://www.foxandamyinutah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome!!! Empty Re: Welcome!!!

Post by lemgirl Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:35 am

I am very excited about this. There was a forum like this were I am from and I loved having that. I hope this gets off the ground and a lot of moms get involved. I too am new to Logan and don't know anyone or have family here. I am a stay at home mom to five children ages 7-11months. My husband has returned to school so that is why we are here. I would love to get know other people and learn more about the area.

lemgirl

http://www.littlelemings.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Welcome, Lemgirl! Where did you move from and how long have you been in Logan?
Amy
Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Precious_Partum Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:25 am

Hello Amy,
Do you still attend births or teach classes? It's always great to see more doulas in Cache Valley. Smile
Precious_Partum
Precious_Partum

http://www.myspace.com/precious_partum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadie & Grace Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi Amy and all the other Moms out there in Cache Valley, I hope we can make this a useful forum by sharing our experiences and local knowledge!
My name is Sadie and my husband, Cody, and I have a 9 month old daughter named Grace. In February we had a wonderful home birth and Grace has been a healthy, happy addition to our lives! I work a tiny bit, (about 3 hours each week), teaching science. Otherwise I am a stay-home mom with a small organic baby/toddler food business on the side.
If any of you are interested, you can check out my blog at firstfoodsnatural.blogspot.com
I hope that we can get a large group of moms involved here. I'll do my best to spread the word!

Sadie & Grace

Back to top Go down

Welcome!!! Empty Hi Amy

Post by lemgirl Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:52 am

Amy,

I moved here from Hurricane, Utah in the middle of August. It's a bit different then I am used to but I guess I will get used to it eventually. It's a lot colder here than I like and I am not too sure about the snow that will be coming soon. My kids are excited though. My husband is going back to school with hopes of getting into the masters program for Marriage and Family Therapy. He needs to brush up on his education a little and get a few more classes in before he can apply, but hopedfully it will all work out. Good luck with your second baby!

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennetta Billhimer Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Hello Amy and all,
What a fun group this will be! Yes Amy, it's great to welcome another doula to the valley. Will you be offering services again anytime soon? Are you all ready for your new little one?
Jennetta Billhimer

Jennetta Billhimer

Back to top Go down

Post by jalila Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi everyone! I'm excited that I found this forum. My name is Jalila and I have a 9-month old named Cailin. We are moving to Cache Valley in December and my husband will be starting a job at USU in January. We're currently in the Chicago area but are excited to be relocating to Utah. Right now I work full-time but I will be a SAHM once we move. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully getting together with some moms and kiddos for playdates.
jalila
jalila

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:40 pm

More mamas! Yay! Welcome everyone. I am hoping to get this forum publicized a bit more, so any suggestions, help, or advice is appreciated. The more mamas the better!

I am not attending births as a doula right now, but I hope to next year. For the doulas on here, did you take DONA training here in Utah?

I am kind of hanging out wondering when my baby will make her appearance. My due date is tomorrow, but I think she'll be here on Tuesday or later. I don't quite feel completely ready yet, which is probably why she's still hanging in there.

Okay, I just set up a thread called "Monthly Chit Chat". It's purpose is just for that--chit chat about what's going on with you right now. So, I hope to see you over there--and that's where I'll post when I have this baby!
Amy
Amy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome!!! Empty Hello!

Post by Allison Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:53 pm

I'm so excited to have found this forum! I've been looking for something like this.

I grew up in Cache Valley and moved back after living in Box Elder and Weber Counties for a bit, and I'm so excited to be back. I've been married for 5 years and have a 17 month old girl. She is a little bundle of energy right now and at a very fun age. Two of my hobbies that I haven't dropped since becoming a mother are genealogy and digital scrapbooking... I love Photoshop.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Very Happy --Allison
Allison
Allison

Back to top Go down

Post by ToshaChristty Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi everyone! I'm Tosha, I've been married for two years to a wonderful man and I have an amazing eight month old son, Christian. He's a lot of fun and a handful! (He's already taking steps on his own!) We've been in Logan about a year and a half now and we like it for the most part. We're orginally from Idaho and we don't know many people here so we don't get out much but Christian loves other kids. We'd both LOVE to get out for some playdates! Can't wait to get to know all of you!
ToshaChristty
ToshaChristty

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=737957

Back to top Go down

Welcome!!! Empty HELLO!

Post by natalie Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Hi everybody, my name is Natalie and this is my first baby! I am excited to see a group like this. I am supposed to have my baby around the end of November or beginning of December! So it is coming up quick! My husband will be graduating from USU this semester so that is also very exciting for us. He is from Cache Valley, and I have been here for about 6 years now. We both love Cache Valley, we love the snow and are constantly outside playing in it. I still plan on going snowboarding this season, we are just going to switch off watching the baby! I am excited for the winter season to start.
natalie
natalie

Back to top Go down

Post by brandilyn Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:03 pm

Hello, All! My name is Brandi and I'm so excited to join a group like this! A little bit about me: I have an almost four year old named Brielle, an almost one year old named Brynnlee and surprise number three is due at the end of April. We are planning a homebirth and really looking forward to it. We live in Hyrum, we moved here in June from down town Logan. We have been married almost six years and have both lived in Cache Valley for seven years. I grew up in Cottonwood and my husband, James, grew up in a military family so he has lived everywhere. My husband graduated last year and is the director of an at-risk boy's home in North Logan. I have been a SAHM or WAHM since our first child was born. We have three yellow Labs and one Bernese Mountain dog. We homeschool our girls and are pescatarians... it works for us!
brandilyn
brandilyn

http://www.brandilynphotographydesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Hey Brandi,
I noticed you said your husband works at an at-risk boy's home. My husband is in that kind of work and would love the opportunity to advance in his career. Would it be too much to ask for my husband to talk to yours to find out what steps he should take to further his career? He does have a bachelor's and is currently working at a boy's home (which he loves) and has worked in this field for five years, the problem is he wants to make more of a career out of it but doesn't know how to further his aspirations. I don't mean to be too forward but it's been hard to find anyone willing to help him out. I know he would appreciate any advice he could get. Elizabeth

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Welcome!!! Empty hello

Post by mom2twogirls Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 am

Hi my name is Adelina and I have two girls, Venice age 2 and Chloe 9months. I am a stay at home mom, while my husband Mark goes to school and works. We love getting together with new moms around the valley. My hobbies include cooking, reading, sewing, and scrapbooking.
Thanks Amy for starting this forum. I'd love to talk to you about Japan. My inlaws just moved there to teach english, and we are visiting them for Christmas.
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

http://www.priddisfamily.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome!!! Empty reply to lemgirl

Post by mom2twogirls Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:52 am

Elizabeth, hey I saw you asking about your husband working in an at risk boys home, and that is what my dad does as well. He's a supervisor type person down in the Provo area. I'm sure if I asked him he could give some information. Let me know
Adelina
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

http://www.priddisfamily.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyd Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:59 pm

My name is Sandy and I had my first baby last September. Her name is Olivia. I currently work at USU as an instructional designer while my husband finishes school. Before I had Olivia I had big plans to have a natural childbirth, breastfeed, and cloth diaper. Nothing worked out as I had planned. I ended up having an emergency c-section because Olivia was breech but I didn't know it so I labored until my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart. I am thankful that my husband and I hired a doula and she helped me through all the contractions. Breastfeeding was really difficult because Olivia had a recessed jaw and it didn't help because I had postpartum depression. So instead of breastfeeding I am pumping exclusively. Since Olivia was breech her hips were underdeveloped so I had to take her to an orthopedic surgeon and she had to wear a harness 24-7 for the first 3 months so I had to use disposable diapers. I am finally using my cloth diapers now that she is out of the harness.

I am trying to be the best mom that I can and I love to learn new things and meet new people and receive advice. I love to read, do crafts and outdoor activities. I am looking forward to meeting the other moms.
sandyd
sandyd

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 am

Hi Sandy,
It's great to see more moms on here. We do have a playgroup every Wed at 1 and I am teaching a few moms some cake decorating on Friday at 9:00. I also try to get other activities planned. I hope you can come to some of these things or want to plan something of your own. I love meeting people and hope to get to meet you as well.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by brandilyn Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Welcome, Sandy! Olivia is such a cutie!!

I had the same plans as you, too. Its hard when things don't work out as planned. I ended up pumping exclusively, too, with DD#1 and #2. I know that can be frustrating at times, but that is great you're willing to do that! I'm really hoping that breastfeeding works out for #3! I don't know if you're planning on more kids, but I was able to go natural with #2 and it was a wonderful experience. Now I'm planning a homebirth for #3. And I applaude you for using cloth diapers! I bought a ton with DD#1 and thought I could do it, but gave up very quickly.

You said it perfectly: "I am trying to be the best mom that I can!" Way to go!
brandilyn
brandilyn

http://www.brandilynphotographydesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum