Cache Valley Mamas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cache Valley Mamas
Cache Valley Mamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The guilt of a working mom

3 posters

Go down

The guilt of a working mom Empty The guilt of a working mom

Post by symony Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:55 pm

I am not new to the valley nor am I a new mom but I have been feeling so much guilt lately about not being able to play with my kids as much as I should or letting them get out and play with other kids. I have 2 kids Remi (almost 3) Cheyane (almost 18 mo) and I have another one on the way. I have people tell me all the time I don't let them have "Kid time" and it is really getting to me. I have a part time job I work nights and weekends so I feel like I always miss out on all the fun stuff my family gets to do. We recently lots my mother in-law she was only 46 it was so unexpected we moved into my father in-laws house to help him and my little sister in-law she is only 12 It has been so hard living with them I feel like I am stuck I am stuck living somewhere that is not my own taking care of not only my family but also someone else's family working and taking care of this HUGE house that is a MESS! I hate working because it takes time away that I should be with my kids. I am pregnant (and just had a miscariage 2 months ago) so I am so tired and never want to get out of bed. I am just STUCK I don't have many friends because usually I don't have time for friends and when I do make plans to hang out with friends and their kids they always end up ditching me... I am not usually like this but I felt like I had to explain all of this for someone to get where I am comming from. I really need someone to get together with let my kids play and just RELAX. I need some friends that aren't judgemental or will sit and tell me how much better their kids are than mine and what I am doing wrong I just need a "friend"
Thanks for listeneing
symony
symony
symony

Back to top Go down

The guilt of a working mom Empty Re: The guilt of a working mom

Post by mom2twogirls Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Welcome Symomy! Sounds like our girls are extremely close in age! I would love to get together with you sometime! You may have seen my earlier post, we were supposed to have a playgroup at my house today, but my girls got a stomach virus (no fun!). I don't really do much, so whenever you'd like to get together, I'm here! Oh by the way, I'm pregnant too! We have a lot in common!
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

http://www.priddisfamily.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandilyn Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:39 am

Welcome to the board!! I live in Hyrum, at the South end of the valley. Where are you?

I realize this must have been very difficult to write. But thanks for letting us know where you are coming from! I think a lot of pressure is put on mothers in this state which results in a lot of judgement. It is certainly tough to find just the right niche to feel comfortable. I hope you're able to come to a play group (I haven't made it to one yet, and only having one vehicle will not help that), but maybe we can all meet someday soon!

Feel free to comment on some old posts so we can get to know you!

Brandi Lyn
brandilyn
brandilyn

http://www.brandilynphotographydesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by symony Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Thank you so much It is relieving to have people understand where you are comming from. We live out in smithfield. I would love to come hang out i am in dire need to get out and be with friends and have friends for my kids to play with all of your girls are so cute!
symony
symony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum