Cache Valley Mamas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cache Valley Mamas
Cache Valley Mamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Questions

+5
mom2twogirls
lemgirl
mamad819
jalila
ToshaChristty
9 posters

Go down

20 Questions Empty 20 Questions

Post by ToshaChristty Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:59 pm

I thought it would be fun to get to know everyone a little better.

Name?

Age?

Hometown?

One word to describe yourself?

Three things you would change about yourself?

Something you love about yourself?

What do you daydream about?

What are your goals?

What was the last CD you bought?

What kind of books/magazines do you read?

What are your favorite T.V. shows?

When did you get married?

How did you meet your husband?

How did your husband propose?

If your children have middle names what are they?

When you had your kid(s) how long were you in labor?

One thing about yourself that not very many people know?

Your happiest memory?

Your favorite class in school?

Something you wish you knew more about?
ToshaChristty
ToshaChristty

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?id=737957

Back to top Go down

20 Questions Empty Re: 20 Questions

Post by jalila Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:00 pm

Name?
Jalila

Age?

Hometown?
San Diego, CA

Okay, I find this question to be incredibly difficult. So I'm going to say...optimistic.

1)I wish I was a little less shy and more outgoing 2)I wish I knew what I wanted to "do" with my life (career-wise). 3) I wish I wasn't a hypochondriac.

I'm open-minded.

Going on vacation, preferably somewhere warm and tropical.

What are your goals?
1)Be the best mom I can possibly be. 2)We are moving to Logan next month and won't know anybody, so my goal is to meet new people and make new friends. 3) Find a career I feel passionate about.

Hmm, I have no idea, but the last song I bought on iTunes is Beyonce's "Single Ladies."

A couple of my favorite books are The Time Traveler's Wife and The Kite Runner. Magazines I read are Mothering and Real Simple.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, House, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, Survivor, Friends

8/6/06

We met as undergrads at UCSD.

He called me at work and told me to meet him and some friends on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Building in Chicago. When I got there, he was in a tux and had brought a dress for me to change in to. When the server brought our "appetizer," it was really an engagement ring!

Grace

About 13 hours, three of which were pushing!

I was my high school's valedictorian.

Your happiest memory?
I have a lot, but I think when I first found out I was pregnant ranks way up there.

Calculus. I love math, what can I say?!

History. And digital photography!
jalila
jalila

Back to top Go down

20 Questions Empty About Me!

Post by mamad819 Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:12 am

Name?
Miranda

Age?

Hometown?
My dad was in the navy, sowe moved a lot. If I had to choose, I'd say Idaho Falls is my hometown since that's where I spent most of my growing up years.

Hmmm...Indecisive?

1 - To not be so indecisive. 2 - To be more outgoing. 3 - To be a better "housekeeper," lol!

I'm a fabulous listener. If you can talk, I can listen Smile

I'm not really sure...

What are your goals?
Right now, just to be a good mother and to finish my last couple semesters of college

I haven't bought a CD since...High School, lol. I have no idea what it was either Smile

I read a lot of educational books - parenting and such. Pretty much the only magazines I have are a few baby/parenting ones and the Kraft Food magazine, lol.

Oooh...24, Lost, The Office, My Name is Earl, Heroes, Prison Break...what's really sad is we don't even have cable/antennas to get any of these shows!

August of 2006...and we now share our anniversay with our son's birthday!

He lived around the corner from me...I always walked past his apartment on the way to school and one day he decided to say hi to me when he saw me on campus studying.

In the TSC on campus...he was waiting for me to get done with class. He was supposed to come pick me up and a half hour later he wasn't there. I was pretty upset and I'd forgotten my phone, so I decided to go call him from the phones in Old Main. He happened to be walking towards me and caught me before I went in. He used some lame excuse about an art show upstairs (which there really was) but I was upset, plus I thought he had to work in like 10 minutes. When we walked into the TSC there were flowers and a card where I'd been sitting when he first came to talk to me. It took me a minute to realize what was going on. I didn't actually let him even say "will you marry me?" before I said yes, lol. To my credit, the card had a poem that ended with that phrase and I was so frazzled that I didn't give him a chance to speak up. Smile

Andrew - he actually goes by his middle name

8 hours start to finish. I was already at a 4 (no contractions yet though!) when they induced me at about 10:30am. He was out at about 6:30 after 45 minutes of pushing.

I've never had a broken bone or a cavity!

Your happiest memory?
Either my wedding day or finding out I was preggo.

English, probably.

Law
mamad819
mamad819

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:38 am

Name Elizabeth
Age 31
Hometown East Hanover, New Jersey
One word description I don't know
3 things to change I would like to not be as shy, be more active, more on top of chores
1 thing I love once you get to know me I am a very friendly person
daydreams it's kind of weird but, not worrying about money so much,
my goals to get our family settled
last cd I bought high school musical 3 soundtrack for my daughter
books I read the last book I read is The Choice by Nicholas Sparks, I have also read the
Twilight Series recently
favorite T.V. shows Amazing Race, Grey's Anatomy, any Law and Order
Married August 14, 1999
Met hubby At a New Years Eve dance while attending SUU in Cedar City, didn't start dating until
February after he dated my roommate
Proposal We went to St. George to do some shopping and he had flowers hidden in his truck and

lemgirl

http://www.littlelemings.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:54 am

I hit the wrong button sorry, here is the rest.

proposal It was May 3, 1999. We went to St. George for what I thought was just another day. I kept smelling something in his truck, but then I found a bottle of lotion I has left and thought that is what it was. When we got to St. George we went to the mall and walked around for a bit. He left for a minute but wouldn't tell my why. We went back outside and he had roses set up on his truck and got down on his knee and asked, right in the middle of the parking lot. I had to get back to work so we had to hurry home. There was some freak hail storm and we got in an accident. He couldn't drive his truck so there I was standing on the side of the interstate in the hail holding a vase of roses with no jacket. I got a lot of questions.

middle name of children
Isabelle Leaya
Hannah Lynne
Grace Lucille
Nycolas Levi
Howard Liam

Labors
Isabelle-in the hospital time was 16 hours and three hours of pushing, at home two days
Hannah-13 hours with three pushes
Grace and Nycolas-no labor, scheduled c-sections
Howard-12 hours, because I was scheduled to go for c-section the next morning so I just waited because by the time I decided it was real labor it was close to midnight so I decided to wait until my schedule 5:00 am

One thing people don't know about me- I have never broken a bone or have had any major injuries and I have 3 degrees and working on another certificate

Happiest memory- my wedding day

Favorite class in school-home ec, I love to cook and already knew how to sew so it was an easy class

One thing I wish I knew more about-cooking, one thing I've always wanted to do is go to culinary school

Hobbies, interests, etc..- cake decorating, throwing parties, scrapbooking (although I am way behind), photography, reading

Sorry, my answers aren't set up very well I hope you can all read it.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2twogirls Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:18 am

Elizabeth, we need to be friends! We have so many of the same interests! I want to learn more about cake decorating, I love throwing parties and going to parties, scrapbooking, photography and cooking too!

Name? Adelina

Age? 22

Hometown? We'lll say weare, New hampshire...just because that was most of my childhood

One word to describe yourself? freindly

1.I would lose a little more weight 2. I wouldn't procrastinate housework so much 3. I would spend less time on the internet

Something you love about yourself? my patience

What do you daydream about? lately I daydream about sleeping

What are your goals? To get Mark through school, raise good kids, and get my own education

What was the last CD you bought? mother goose nursery rhymes...scholastic club sucked me in

I read everything!! I love history so anything there, fiction, nonfiction. One of my favorite books is The Giver. I read parenting magazines, and cooking magazine. My favorite is probably Taste of Home

What are your favorite T.V. shows? Smallville, The Apprentice, Top Chef, Ace of Cakes. The Food Network

When did you get married? July 29, 2005

How did you meet your husband? On a double date with his best friend. Mark's date bailed so it was almost like I was on a date with two guys

How did your husband propose? We were on my front porch and I knew he had the intent of proposing I just didn't know when. So I asked him if he had the ring that night would he propose? I really didn't think he had already gotten the ring, because it was just earlier that week we had talked about it. He didn't say anything we just kept talking and saying our goodnights. Then he said he left something in the car so he ran back to get "something". He was taking forever so I thought about going inside as a prank on him for taking so long, but I didn't I waited. Well he came back, didn't look like he had anything, and gave me a hug again. Afte a while he got down and proposed and I said yes. The last hug had been extra long because he got the ring in his hand stuck in my sweater. So it may have been more romantic if I hadn't opened my mouth and waited on his time..

Venice Alexandra
Chloe Deanna

Venice was 13 hrs 15 minutes total time in the hospital. Pushing the last 5-10 minutes, but awful contractions up to the epidural
Chloe was about 11hrs and all natural

I've had stitches and staples in my head

Your happiest memory?
oh boy, my wedding day, when the girls were born, and my last birthday

Your favorite class in school? History

Something you wish you knew more about? cake decorating, and math so I could help Mark get through his class
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

http://www.priddisfamily.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mamad819 Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:41 am

So far all of our anniversaries are close in date...3 in August and one in late July. How cool is that?

I would totally love to learn more about Cake Decorating too! I worked at Michaels for a while and they offer Wilton Cake Decorating classes there. I always wanted to take onebut never got around to it.
mamad819
mamad819

Back to top Go down

Post by ToshaChristty Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:30 am

Name?
Natasha

Age?

Hometown?
Grace, Idaho population: 990

Multifaceted

1. My shyness
2. My indecisivness
3. My fear of city driving

I'm someone people feel like they can confide in.

My dream house.

What are your goals?
Write a book someday, Be a good wife and mother, Be a better housekeeper

The Classic Crime, they're amazing!

Fantasy and baby books mostly and cooking and baby magazines my favorite cooking on is Cook's Country

Heroes, Scrubs, Monk, House, Ace of Cakes, Iron Chef, Challenge, So You Think You Can Dance... but I don't have t.v. either Sad

August 5th, 2006

A friend that had a crush on him introduced me, we didn't start dating until quite a while later though

We went to the mall and he dragged me to one of those photobooths. On the last picture he pulled out the ring. I couldn't even talk for like five minutes. He finally had to ask me if I was going to answer. I hadn't even realized I hadn't said yes yet!

Tyler, the same as my husbands middle name

Six hours, three of which I spent at home.

In high school I was known as the town "goth"

Your happiest memory?
My wedding day and finally getting to hold Christian (His heartbeat kept getting low when I was pushing, he was fine but they wanted to monitor him just in case. It was three hours after I had him before I got to hold him.)

Drama, I love acting!

History, cooking (I would have liked to go to culinary school too), and photography

Maybe we should all take a cake decorating class together huh? Very Happy
ToshaChristty
ToshaChristty

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2twogirls Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:19 pm

A cake decorating class would be awesome. I would've taken one by now but they are so expensive. Micheals, Hobby Lobby and Kitchen Kneads all offer the wilton courses. But if someone else wanted to teach us I would be totally up to that!
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:48 pm

I've actually done all the cake decorating classes and been decorationg for about 15 years and would love doing it as a profession. Before we moved I was trying to brush up my skills to start my own business as I have not done a whole lot since having kids. If you all want to learn I would be happy to teach. I'm not certified or anything but I could still teach you how to do it. I have all the supplies so if you don't want to go through the expense you could do it with very minimal expense. It can get quite expensive. Let me know and we'll set something up.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mamad819 Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:09 pm

That would be so fun! I'm up for it!!!
mamad819
mamad819

Back to top Go down

Post by ToshaChristty Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:09 pm

That would be awesome!
ToshaChristty
ToshaChristty

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Let me know what you guys are up for, when you want to start and what's good for you as far as scheduling. I'm pretty flexible with my schedule. Let me know what works for you guys and I will be glad to do it.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ToshaChristty Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Any weekday really works for me so long as it's after 3 so my husband is home to watch Christian and I have a car.
ToshaChristty
ToshaChristty

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:34 pm

I was thinking maybe Wednesdays at around 6, that way my husband could get my kids out of the way and it would be after dinner. What do you think?

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2twogirls Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Yes! I am in. Any time, any day. My girls are fairly behaved so if I had no one to watch them, if no one minds I would just bring them along. And I have a van so I can give rides as well!
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

Back to top Go down

Post by mamad819 Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:37 pm

About how long are you planning each class to be?
mamad819
mamad819

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:45 pm

We would probably need about an hour or so, it just depends on what we do and how long we spend chatting. I would plan on about two hours just to be safe. I don't mind if kids come, because my husband would be here with mine. They would just be upstairs in the play room and he could help keep an eye on others. We could also set up movies or something as well.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

20 Questions Empty Little late...

Post by brandilyn Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Name?
Brandi Lyn
Age?
Hometown?
Cottonwood... attended Skyline
Reserved
1-Have a more positive outlook on things... 2-Realize I can't plan for everything... 3-More outgoing
Very empathetic
Going to sleep at night
What are your goals?
Become fluent in ASL, become a better home school mom
Uh, that was probably 5 years ago… but I did just buy a Rascal Flatts song off iTunes
Re-reading Angels and Demons (I am constantly reading something), subscribe to Parents and Everyday
Lost, The Office, Grey’s, Private Practice, Criminal Minds, NCIS… we watch them all the next night online, even when we had TV
May 2003
Roommate liked him, he was at our apartment all the time
In front of the Mt. Timpanogos Temple
Both my girls have two middle names, one from each side of the family:
Elizabeth Josephine
Ann Temperance

Brielle: Induced-9 hours with 40 mins pushing
Brynnlee: Natural (Bradley Method)-6 hours with 5 mins pushing

I’ve been to four other countries-Italy, Switzerland, France and Spain
Your happiest memory?
Getting married… bringing our girls home
Geology
Digi Photography and Photoshop
brandilyn
brandilyn

http://www.brandilynphotographydesign.com

Back to top Go down

20 Questions Empty Cake Decorating

Post by ToshaChristty Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:01 pm

lemgirl wrote:I was thinking maybe Wednesdays at around 6, that way my husband could get my kids out of the way and it would be after dinner. What do you think?

I think that sounds great, if it would work for everyone else. Maybe we should put a post about it in the Playgroups and Meet-ups section?

Thanks for doing this I think it will be a blast!
ToshaChristty
ToshaChristty

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:58 am

Name?
Natalie
Age?
Hometown?
Lincoln, NE
creative
1-stop trying to make everybody happy 2-speak up for myself 3-More outgoing
I love trying new things, and I am pretty much up for anything
fun things to make
What are your goals?
learn how to cook, be a good mom, learn as much as I can
hmmmmm.. . coldplay of itunes
right now I am reading, it is not about the bike by Lance Armstrong. I love looking at magazines, baby ones, and home decor
House, friends, king of queens
October 20, 2007
working for the Utah Conservation Corps
I went to go see my parents in Texas and Mike came along with me so he could meet them. We went to Galviston and took a little walk on the beach, he got down on one knee and told me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him, I said of course I will!!!! Then my entire family was waiting at the restaurant for dinner!
we shall see if it is a boy or a girl then I can answer that question
I can't answer that question yet either hopefully not very long, I am taking a hypnobabies class so I am going to do it all natural
I was in a full body cast when I was a baby (my hip was out of place when I was born)
Your happiest memory?
Getting married
my design classes and much as I hated them for taking up so much of my time they were my favoritve
Bookbinding, watercolor, oil painting, cooking, photography
natalie
natalie

Back to top Go down

20 Questions Empty Hypnobirthing

Post by ToshaChristty Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Natalie,
I took hypnobirthing classes when I was going to have my son. I really liked it and my labor was only six hours. I hope yours goes well. When are you due?
ToshaChristty
ToshaChristty

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:34 pm

Name? Amy

Age? 25

Hometown? Victorville, California--halfway between Vegas and L.A.

One word to describe yourself? Thoughtful.

1.) My general physical weakness. I wish I could do 1 pull-up!
2.) My lack of self-discipline (with goals, such as pull-ups!)
3.) My forgetfulness.

Something you love about yourself? My willingness to try new things.

What do you daydream about? Having my own business.

What are your goals? To go to Africa, get a graduate degree, learn the guitar, speak Spanish, and sew my own clothes.

What was the last CD you bought? Renee and Jeremy's "It's a Big World"

What kind of books/magazines do you read? I love cookbooks, memoirs, and funny essays. As far as magazines, I read Mothering, Parents, Vegetarian Times, and Cooking Light.

What are your favorite T.V. shows? How I Met Your Mother, the Office, and Saturday Night Live are my faves right now.

When did you get married? December 31, 2002.

How did you meet your husband? I met him on a midnight hike to Stuart Falls in Provo and later learned that he lived downstairs from me!

How did your husband propose? He proposed after a grueling hike to the top of Squaw Peak one fall afternoon. We were both super sweaty, and it was the ugliest ring I had ever seen. It all worked out, though!

If your children have middle names what are they? Cash's middle name is Theodore. Cosette's is Reimi (Ray-mee) which is Japanese for "beautiful companion".

When you had your kid(s) how long were you in labor? Cash's birthing time was 6 hours. Cosette's was 13 hours of early labor at home and then 7 hours of active birthing.

One thing about yourself that not very many people know? Not many people know that I love zombie movies and see every one that comes out!

Your happiest memory? Any time spent at my grandparent's house in Idaho.

Your favorite class in school? Biology.

Something you wish you knew more about? Finance and computers.
Amy
Amy
Admin

http://www.foxandamyinutah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jennimomof4 Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:02 pm

Better late than never!

Name?Jenni

Age?28

Hometown?Richfield Utah

One word to describe yourself?nice

Three things you would change about yourself?More patience, I would not stress the small stuff, and hmm...

Something you love about yourself?That I don't judge people

What do you daydream about?My kids or getting rich

What are your goals?To finish my bachelor's degree and teach some day

What was the last CD you bought?can't remember

What kind of books/magazines do you read?don't have time to read

What are your favorite T.V. shows?Greys anatomy, army wives, private pratice, scrubs to name a few

When did you get married?Sept 1st 2001

How did you meet your husband?at a church dance

How did your husband propose?We went on a walk through the park and he picked the ring off of the grass and said"will you marry me??" He is so not romantic-kinda goofy actually!

If your children have middle names what are they?My 3 girls don't but my son's middle name is Joseph-his full name is Alan Joseph but we call him A.J.

When you had your kid(s) how long were you in labor?my longest labor was 8 hours, my shortest was 4.

One thing about yourself that not very many people know?I don't like people to touch me with their bare feet or touch my bare feet eww

Your happiest memory?Probably all the births of my kids, but especially my first!

Your favorite class in school?English

Something you wish you knew more about?cooking-I am a horrible cook!
jennimomof4
jennimomof4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum