Cache Valley Mamas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cache Valley Mamas
Cache Valley Mamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OBGYN recommendations

+2
lemgirl
jalila
6 posters

Go down

OBGYN recommendations Empty OBGYN recommendations

Post by jalila Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi,

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on your Ob/gyn. Also, I'm torn between going with the Budge Clinic or Cache Valley Women's Center. Any thoughts on either of those? I heard somewhere that if you go to Cache Valley Women's Center you see all of the doctors and any one of them could be at the delivery, but I'd rather just have one doctor throughout the whole process. Is that the case at the Budge Clinic too? I'm not pregnant now, just planning for the future. Very Happy

Thanks!
jalila
jalila

Back to top Go down

OBGYN recommendations Empty Re: OBGYN recommendations

Post by lemgirl Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:22 pm

I don't know anything about the doctors here. But I have found much better care when you go somewhere you have one doctor. I've done both and didn't like it at all not knowing who would deliver my baby. I would find someone who will give you that care. Good luck with your search.

lemgirl

http://www.littlelemings.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2twogirls Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:39 pm

I'd love to recomend mine, but he just retired. I loved just having one, and knowing that he was going to be at the delivery. I would try the Cache Valley Family Practice, that's where my dr works (he is still a family dr, he just doesn't do obgyn stuff anymore) Plus the receptionists there are so friendly!
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

http://www.priddisfamily.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:41 pm

I don't know about the Budge clinic--but I went to the Cache Valley Women's Center--and yes, you see different doctors. All of the ob/gyns there seem to be so busy all the time. I had to schedule my 6 week postpartum check a month out! And, at my delivery, I had never met the doctor before and didn't care for him at all (I had a very specific birth plan I had discussed with my regular ob, but she wasn't working that day).

Good luck!
Amy
Amy
Admin

http://www.foxandamyinutah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:52 pm

I go to the Cache Valley Women's Center, I did have a different doctor when I had my baby, but he was awesome! I have really liked my doctor the nurses there aren't my favorite but I like the doctor! I had very specific things I wanted during delivery and the Nurse at the hospital was so good to ask what I wanted and told the doctor when he came in. They were all great.
natalie
natalie

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Natalie, I'm glad you had such a great experience! I have to say that I did love my nurse at the hospital. She requested me, since she loves supporting natural childbirth. It was a good fit! My doctor, however, had no respect for my hypno-scripts. Sad! He also had no idea how to get me in position, but I will say that he supported me well and let me do what I want for the most part.
Amy
Amy
Admin

http://www.foxandamyinutah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyd Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:07 pm

My friend had the experience of seeing different doctors every time for her visit so she suggested that I find a smaller clinic. The experience seems more personal because it is the same person you see every time. I went to Dr. Strebel and he was fantastic. He also had an awesome P.A. Beth Booton. I wanted to do hypnobirthing and I hired a doula and Dr. Strebel was open to all those things.
sandyd
sandyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down