Cache Valley Mamas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cache Valley Mamas
Cache Valley Mamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Homeschoolers Friday Playgroup

3 posters

Go down

New Homeschoolers Friday Playgroup Empty New Homeschoolers Friday Playgroup

Post by hobmom79 Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm

I am new to this website, my friend Amy recommended I check it out, especially to connect to other homeschooling parents in Cache Valley! I am organizing a Home Schoolers Playgroup for Fridays starting in February and I wanted to know who is interested. If you aren't homeschooling but would like to join in, please feel free to come. I am a new homeschooling mom and have already blocked out time each week for both me and my kids to socialize and play with other families in similar situations. My name is Jessica and you can reach me at j.hob@aggiemail.usu.edu for more information, thanks!
hobmom79
hobmom79

Back to top Go down

New Homeschoolers Friday Playgroup Empty Re: New Homeschoolers Friday Playgroup

Post by brandilyn Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

How wonderful! We are a homeschooling family, too! There is such a large and supportive community here in Cache Valley! I am loving it! I would love to know more about this play group! I have to plan ahead to have our vehicle, but I know my oldest two would love this. They just announced a new playgroup for younger girls 4-8 years old. They have tons of playgroups, activities, P.E., etc. for ALL ages.

Are you a member of the Cache Valley Homeschoolers Yahoo! Group? That would be a wonderful place for you to get some more information about what is available here in Cache Valley and also to be able to post more about your play group!

Welcome, and please tell us more about yourself! Where in the Valley do you live? How many kids? Ages? Do you have a specific type of schooling you gravitate towards (i.e, Unschooling, Thomas Jeffreson, Charlotte Mason, etc.)?

My three girls are below and you can see we live in Hyrum. I just posted our Hogwarts School that we do here on another board.

Again, Welcome!
brandilyn
brandilyn

http://www.brandilynphotographydesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hobmom79 Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:49 pm

How adorable! I have a son Richard (9.5), daughters Katie (4.5), Naomi (2.5), and Isabella (4.5 months). My son only lives with us during the holidays and summers and is full-time with his dad in St. George. We live here in North Logan, while my husband Andy finishes his bachelors and then Masters in Environmental Engineering in 2012! I graduated from USU with a BS in Integrated Studies in Education and a minor in Political Science in 2008.

I am interested in the Classical Education model and like to add Charlotte Mason to the mix as well! I am using the Well-Trained Mind as a guide post for direction in how homeschooling will generally be conducted, however, I like the idea of Unschooling and Thomas Jefferson, so I guess I consider myself more eclectic. My daughter is already struggling with the idea of homeschooling with me, I think because she is afraid she won't have enough time for friends (which is ridiculous from my point of view but completely plausible for a 4 year old who lives and dies each day for her female friendships already!), so the play group with other homeschoolers seems to be the best solution.

I have tried to connect with the Cache Valley Homeschoolers but I never really use the Yahoo account I set up and I seem to have all kinds of trouble ever hearing from them on whether my membership was processed. It is really hard considering my primary email is still through USU! Until Andy graduates I will probably try to keep that address, since I feel like I've had it forever!

I also crave friendships, especially with moms who don't think I am crazy for keeping my kids close to me until they leave at 18! I seem to have a few friends who homeschool though on your side of the valley (namely Wellsville and Nibley) but I hope to create more opportunities for moms who home school to meet other moms who home school, that is why I am using this site to make connections as well!

I would love to meet you and your girls, especially because we each have a girl born about the same time and we both have three girls! Kathryn was born February 10, 2005; Naomi was born July 17, 2007; and Isabella was born September 10, 2009! You may give me a call at home to plan something, my number is 752-0787. Hope to hear from you soon!
hobmom79
hobmom79

Back to top Go down

Post by veronica37 Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:59 pm

hey, just thought i'd give you guys this awesome website for homeschooling. My step-mom home schooled all 6 of her kids from the 80's -2000's. She runs the website and you can check it out and also purchase things from there as well.

http://www.courageousbeings.com/
veronica37
veronica37

http://bensonfamily-wa.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hobmom79 Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks for sharing the website, I am always open to checking out new things to try with the kids! Are you interested in joining the playgroup as well?
hobmom79
hobmom79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down