Cache Valley Mamas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cache Valley Mamas
Cache Valley Mamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you think of a Toy Exchange?

Go down

What would you think of a Toy Exchange? Empty What would you think of a Toy Exchange?

Post by mamad819 Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:50 am

I haven't posted on this board in quite a while (well over a year), but I'm looking for some suggestions from other moms.

My best friend is starting the process of adoption (from Korea) and is trying to do some fundraisers. She's thinking that hosting a toy exhange might be a good idea for a fundraiser. Is this something that anyone would be interested in? -

Some of the details that she's thinking:

-Charge a basic admission fee ($10ish)
-You get tickets for toys that you bring to the swap which can be redeemed for toys you want to swap for and take home
-Those who don't have toys to swap (new moms, mom with young kids, etc) will still be charged the admission fee but can also buy toys (with cash) for a small fee (either by the bag or individually)
-Of course all toys would need to be in working condition, have all the parts, be clean, and have batteries

She's worried that some moms might think that there are unfair aspects about this. She wants to allow for moms who didn't or can't donate toys to be able to come shop too. But she doesn't want other moms to get upset about her potentially making a profit off of their toys. All proceeds would go to adoptions costs, so people who donate toys aren't going to get anything back except for any other toys they choose to take home.

She's also worried about the admission fee. What would be a reasonable fee that you would be willing to pay, if you were to come to the exchange?

Are there any of the above aspects that would keep you from coming to the exchange? Anything that you think needs to be changed, revised, or added?

Thanks for your help!
mamad819
mamad819

Back to top Go down