Cache Valley Mamas

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cache Valley Mamas
Cache Valley Mamas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February Chat

3 posters

Go down

February Chat Empty February Chat

Post by lemgirl Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:55 pm

I know it's not Feb yet, but it's never too early to plan a special evening. What is everyone doing for valentine's or do your hubbies plan it? What are somethings that you have done in the past? My husband calls is Singles Awareness Day and really isn't into the holiday. Of course I am all for a romantic evening. He is going to be surprised this year though. Here are my plans.
His birthday is on the 11th so we will be doing both on the same night. I am surprising him with a night at the Anniversary Inn. They are having a special until the end of Jan for really discounted rooms, so we will be celebrating early. (that's part of the surprise, he won't be expecting it) You can also have them add stuff to your room so they will be adding battery operated candles (they don't allow flames), rose petals, and snacks. They also give you a cheesecake and sparkling cider in your room and then breakfast. I will be bringing some extras as well. I plan on taking him to a nice dinner (any suggestions of nice romantic type restaurants would be nice) and then onto a night free from kids. I hope it all stays a surprise for him.
In the past I have done things like add cards to places he would find throughout the day, like in his car, in his backpack, in his books, and at work. I've also sent him flowers at work, sent him candy cards to work, really I try to think of anything that would embarass him. He doesn't embarass easy so I try hard to come up with something. He has taken me to dinner and the typical stuff, but never big surprises. I wish he would but I guess he is not that creative. Maybe I should get him a book or point out some websites.

lemgirl

http://www.littlelemings.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

February Chat Empty Re: February Chat

Post by mamad819 Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 pm

That sounds like a fun Birthday/Valentine's Day surprise!! We too have done things like dinner and cards...but nothing very big. Unfortunately, due to certain circumstances, I don't think we'll get to celebrate this year, so I have yet to really think about what to do.
mamad819
mamad819

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:58 pm

I don't want to seem if I am getting too personal, but knowing you guys are in school and you are not working anymore, I'm thinking that maybe it is a budget thing. If I'm over stepping than I'm sorry. Here are some ideas of what we did when we were in school and didn't have a lot of money. Also because of scheduling or we just didn't want to deal with crowded places we would do things on different days. We would get someone from our family to babysit, because they will usually help out and do it for free, then we would just go home and have a nice romantic candlelit dinner at home. Either we would do it formal or just do it as a picnic. I've also done things like just sneak handmade notes into various places and bring out old pictures of us and reminisce.
These aren't things that I have done yet, but they sound like good ideas to me. You could make a memory book of your firsts together like date, kiss, where you met. You could also recreate the first date as best you can at home or recreate the wedding night. Another fun idea is a scavenger hunt. You could send him on a hunt with clues leading him to places like where you met, where you had your first date, where you had your first kiss, and have him end up at home where you have a candlelit dinner prepared for him. you can use your imagination with scavenger hunts. I'm actually doing a hunt for him where he will end at the hotel. I hope it works. There are so many ideas online for valentines dates, I hope you guys can come up with a great idea for this year. It's always great to celebrate the love a couple has with each other.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2twogirls Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Have you ever stayed at the anniversary inn before? We stayed there last anniversary and loved it. Every year around christmas/thanksgiving they have an open house where they give tours of all the rooms and they have huge discounts if you book that night. In case you want to stay there again next year.
We don't have any valentines plans. I don't think we've ever actually been able to spend a vday together. The school does a 3night event called Jazz at the sky club. The Jazz bands play, there is dancing and dinner. Mark since we've been together has always been in the band. The first year together I went but I was preggo with Venice so I just sat and watched him play. Our feb is pretty busy though. We have a friends baby blessing on the 8th and Chloe's bday is the 16th and her party is on the 21st. It's just a crazy month for us.
By the way I love how your're doing a scavenger hunt. I've done things where I just hide notes around the house and candy. Places like in the freezer, in coat pockets, in his car, on the pillow, in the bathroom. You get the idea. I think it's fun.
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

http://www.priddisfamily.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:24 pm

We've actually never stayed there before so I'm excited. For Jan they had rooms for 109.00 for any night-even weekends-, so that is why I am doing it early. I just finished all my clues for the hunt. He is going to be going to his work and picking up dessert and then to Olive Garden to pick up dinner and then to the hotel. We've never really spent the actual day doing something because of scheduling. With his birthday so close, we usually combine the two into one. It saves money that way. We are excited, I will have to let you know how the hunt goes.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2twogirls Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:19 pm

oh wow!! So did you already set dinner up with Olive Garden, or is he supposed to order something when he gets there. That is a really cool idea!
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:25 pm

I already have it ordered so all he has to do is pick it up and the clues tell him what dessert to get too. I'm so nervous about it all working and whether he will get the clues or not. I hope I don't get caught with the clues or anything.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mamad819 Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 am

No, you're not getting too personal. Finances would keep us from doing something big like a night at the Anniversary Inn, but we could do something small. However, unfortunately that's not the problem. Good luck with your surprise though! It sounds so fun!!! Smile
mamad819
mamad819

Back to top Go down

Post by lemgirl Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:36 am

My surprise worked. He was totally surprised and didn't know what to expect. He was a little confused by some of the clues but he got it figured out. It was a really nice relaxing night. I forgot what it was like to not be woken up by kids all night. I hope we can do it again someday, although it will be a long time as it is way too much to do very often.

Miranda- I hope you get whatever circumstances figured out that you need to.

lemgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by mom2twogirls Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Yay I am so glad you had fun and he figured out all the clues!
mom2twogirls
mom2twogirls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down